Overview: New Energy Equity is a national end-to-end solar development and finance company, having successfully completed more than 150 projects totaling more than 145 megawatts across the United States. We are dedicated to clean energy and the nation’s energy transformation. Employees that join NEE, no matter the level, will be working in a highly collaborative environment with regular and direct access to tenured executives. The Manager of Business Development role is responsible for origination and closing of distributed generation solar projects through maintaining excellent relationships with clients and potential clients. We are seeking an experienced individual that has a strong knowledge of the solar acquisition deal cycle and has a great track record of project origination.
Job Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for driving the acquisition process of distributed generation solar projects throughout the Northeast, focusing on projects less than 15 MW
- Includes origination of projects through developing and maintaining excellent relationships with key developers and installers
- Put together LOI’s, proposals and presentations in order to secure commercial and community solar projects
- Effectively conduct due diligence and hand projects off to Project Acquisition team
- Report directly to business development team and coordinate new market research and analysis.
- Organize and keep track of business development efforts.
- Interface with partners and assist in providing financing and transactional support during project development.
- Perform customer presentations and seminars.
- Attend trade shows (3‐4 per year).
- Travel to meet with key accounts and partners throughout the year
- Answer customer inquiries via telephone or e‐mail.
- Compile lists of prospective EPCs and developers for use as business development leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources. Follow‐up and coordinate lead development with sales team.
- Support forecasting activities and opportunity tracking activities in Salesforce.com.
- Work with marketing teams to plan and coordinate customer‐marketing efforts.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What You Need to be Successful
- 5+ years of experience working in a Business Development role
- Strong network of solar developers and installers
- Experience in solar and closing solar deals
- College degree in either a business or technical related degree, advanced degree a plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe