Overview: New Energy Equity is a national end-to-end solar development and finance company, having successfully completed more than 150 projects totaling more than 145 megawatts across the United States. We are dedicated to clean energy and the nation’s energy transformation. Employees that join NEE, no matter the level, will be working in a highly collaborative environment with regular and direct access to tenured executives. The Director of Project Acquisition role is responsible for acquiring and closing distributed generation solar projects from our partners. We are seeking an experienced individual that has a strong knowledge of the solar acquisition deal cycle and has a great track record of closing deals.
Job Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Will be deal lead for 30+ MW of acquisitions of distributed generation projects across the US,
- Negotiate key documents and financial metrics to cover project risk and maintain economics
- Develop outstanding relationships with our partners, work with them throughout the deal cycle to ensure a positive and successful experience
- Conduct thorough due diligence on projects, establishing the deal cadence with the client and deal team while ensuring that milestones are hit
- Responsible for maintaining closing timelines, diligence lists and organizing the deal teams to successfully close projects on schedule
- Building financial models and assisting the Business Development team with project valuations
- Play a key role in evaluating project viability and structuring transactions that meet New Energy’s return requirements
- Maintain knowledge of solar economic market trends, local market policies, general industry costs and key industry players
- Organize and keep track of all project closing efforts
- Interface with partners and assist in providing financing and transactional support during project development.
- Attend trade shows (3‐4 per year).
- Travel to meet with partners during the deal, as needed
- Support forecasting activities and opportunity tracking activities in Salesforce.com.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What You Need to be Successful
- 5+ years of experience working either in a M&A or finance role
- Strong track record of closing solar deals
- Experience negotiating MIPA’s, PPA’s and EPC Agreements
- College degree in either a business or technical related degree, advanced degree a plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe